Author: 101 Tips for Effective Social Media Marketing for Health/Fitness Clubs
(Healthy Learning Publications)
Released January 2013 http://bit.ly/XCXUYw
Practicing Lifestyle Medicine: Tools for Healthy Change; Social Media 101: How to Successfully Engage in Social Media to Connect with Patients and Clients; Institute of Lifestyle Medicine; Friday, June 20 - Saturday, June 21, 2014. Click here for a complete agenda and general information.
- Active Lives: Transforming Ourselves and Our Patients; Filling the Exercise Presciption: Resources to Help Patients Increase Their Physical Activity; Harvard Medical School and the Institute of Lifestyle Medicine; Friday, November 15 - Saturday, November 16, 2013. Click here for more information.
- Building Physician Partnerships--10 Tips for Success, DSWFitness Live Webinar, CE Correspondence Courses for Health and Fitness Professionals, Thursday, September 6, 2012. Click here for more information.
- IHRSA 2012 Annual International Convention & Trade Show, Wednesday, March 14, 2012, 4:00 - 5:00, Los Angeles, CA, Improve Retention...It Begins on Day One of Their Membership. Click here for current conference information.
- American College of Lifestyle Medicine, Sept. 25 - 28, 2011, Portland, OR, Lifestyle Medicine Practice Management Workshop, Exercise in Lifestyle Medicine Practice. Click here for more information.
- Club Industry 2011, Thursday, Oct. 13, 2011, 4:00 - 5:00, Chicago, IL, Building a Successful Physician Referral Program.
- SFCS By Design Conference, Visioning for the Future: Today's Outcomes, Tomorrow's Opportunities, February 14 - 16, 2012, Roanoke, VA. Click here for more information.
Speaking & Writing Experience
- Freelance Editor. Visit James River Writers for more information.
- If you are interested in having Dr. Wing speak or write for your organization, contact her with details.
Writing & Editorial experience includes:
- Associate Editor, ACSM Health & Fitness Journal: Ongoing column "Health & Fitness A to Z"
- Whitepaper: Proper Ergonomics When Using a Treadmill Desk Workstation; September 2013
- Editor, ACSM/NCHPAD Certified Inclusive Fitness Trainer Resource Manual; February 2013
- ACSM Health & Fitness Journal, March/April 2012, Lead Feature article: Exercise & Arthritis: Guidelines for the Fitness Professional. Click Here to Read
- Active Blogger / Writer; National Center for Physical Activity & Disability (NCPAD), University of Illinois at Chicago
- Editorial Board, Medical Fitness Association’s Standards & Guidelines for Medical Fitness Center Facilities; Healthy Learning 2009
- Associate Editor, ACSM’s Health/Fitness Facility Standards and Guidelines, 4th Edition; 2012
- Contributor, ACSM Health & Fitness Trends Report 2007
- Contributing Author Team, Club Insider. Click Here to Read Latest Article
- Determining Program Effectiveness: Leveraging Outcomes for Success; Trends in Aging Management; Interactive Health Partner
Speaking experience includes:
- The Medical Fitness Model: The Pathway to Inclusion; Inclusive Fitness Conference
- Discovering the Potential of Medically Integrated Fitness & Wellness Centers; World Research Group Conference; Keynote Speaker
- The Medical Fitness Model: The Future is Now; American College of Sports Medicine Health & Fitness Summit
- Medically-Based Fitness: Just What Your Doctor Should be Ordering!; IHRSA’s Annual International Convention and Trade Show
- Diabetes & Exercise: Guidelines and Precautions; Medical Fitness Association Annual Conference
- Women and Exercise; American Heart Association “Take Wellness to Heart” Conference